Belle Isle Earth Day 2021 Clean Up with BTTLC
Time & Location
About the Event
We'll meet at Flynn Pavillion on Belle Isle 9am-9:15am. This event is organized by Belle Isle Conservacy therefore Black To The Land Coalition is already registered as a group, so there is no need for you as an individual to register with them. Please note kayaks are not required. There will be a number of us still volunteering on land, and those who are equipped with watercraft such as kayaks and canoes, can be assigned together and collect litter from the waterways. Registering here on our site ensures that we will be grouped safely to an area so we can have fun and work in harmony as a community for a good cause. All volunteers must complete a Belle Isle Conservancy waiver provided within this BTTLC registration process.
- Monitor the weather prior to venturing out and dress for the weather prediction of the day
- Dress in layers, wear head protection like hats, sunglasses
- Wear appropriate footwear: Please wear closed-toe shoes or boots
- Individuals who can bring their own kayaks are encouraged to do so but ask us about using a few BTTLC kayaks (and life vests) that you can lend (first come, first served). Belle Isle will not provide any watercraft.
- Bags and gloves will be provided.
- Our cleanup will follow all CDC recommendations that allow us all to remain safe.
- Please bring your reusable water bottle and stay hydrated.
- Due to the nature of being outdoors, consider bringing bug spray and sunscreen
We look forward to meeting you there! Allies are welcome to this event.
A note about RSVPs: Starting in March 2021 we will be taking note of registrants that hold space on our registration list but fail to show up at our FREE, we ain't got money to waste, high vibrational events that we curate for our community. If found in violation as a no-call, no-show, you may forfeit your family's chance to participate in future events by a 3 month probationary period or longer. It's just plain ol' unfair to those eager to attend but get placed on the waitlist---which happens for EVERY one of our Black To The Land Coalition events. We dope, so...folx want to come and vibe out. But please, as things come up and life happens, be community-minded and think about others that could benefit by reaching out to us via email to cancel your spot: email@example.com or call Ms. Djenaba Ali at 248-820-0782. Thanking you in advance